Employer Health Benefit News March 2017
Managed Care Training Manual
Sponsor Message
Trends

Average Employer Contributes About 73% Toward the Monthly Premium for Individuals

The average employer contributes about 73% toward the monthly premium for individuals, with the employee covering the remaining 27%. For dependents, employers cover an average of 38% and employees pick up the remaining 62%. Employers in the West contribute more toward employee (single coverage) plans than in other regions. Companies in the Northeast contribute more on average toward dependents compared with other regions.

Source: Zenefits
Employer News

Sector Report: Workplace Wellness Programs Continue Healthy Ascent
Workforce, March 21, 2017

Employers Can Help Fix American Healthcare
Financial Times, March 18, 2017

Employer-Backed Insurance Could Take a Huge Hit from GOP Health Care Plan
NBC News, March 17, 2017

It Might Soon Be Legal for Employers to Force You Into a Genetic Test
Fortune, March 10, 2017

Reduction in Employer-Sponsored Wellness Benefits
MSU Extension, March 7, 2017

Humana Uncovers Wellness Trends to Help Employers Create a Happier, Healthier Workplace
Business Wire, February 27, 2017

Employer Blogs

How Employer-Provided Healthcare Is Strangling Consumers
The Hill, March 21, 2017

5 Ways the American Health Care Act Benefits Employers
Employee Benefit Adviser, March 10, 2017

Employer Video

                             


Here's Why Drug Prices in the U.S. Are the Highest in the World
      
 

Here's Why Drug Prices in the U.S. Are the Highest in the World

Americans pay more for prescription drugs than anyone else in the world and President Donald Trump has promised to change that. Bloomberg QuickTake looks at why prescription drugs are so expensive in America versus the rest of the world.

healthsprocket lists

7 Reasons Why Self-Funded Plans Are Gaining Popularity for Small Businesses

1. Savings of up to 20 percent for some groups
2. Opportunity for credit refund at end of plan year
3. Click to continue

Source: Employee Benefit Research Institute

healthsprocket: the home for health care lists check out more lists on healthsprocket. "What's on your list?"
 

HealthcareWebSummit Events

Upcoming Webinars: 

MACRA and Medicare Advantage Plans: Synergies and Potential Opportunities, March 29, 2017
Strategies to Drive Health Care Value: Bundled Payments and Post-Acute Care, April 13, 2017

Check out Post-Event Materials from past HealthcareWebSummit events on a wide range of key topics at www.healthwebsummit.com/pastevents.htm
 

MCOL - Positioning you for change in health care
1101 Standiford Ave., Suite C-3
Modesto, CA 95350
www.mcol.com

 


MCOL respects your privacy.
Please read our online Privacy Policy.